Civil Engineering Intern
Join the Hennessey team this summer as a Civil Engineering Intern! Hennessey Engineers (Hennessey) is a multi-discipline civil engineering firm headquartered in Southgate, Michigan. We are looking for talented individuals to support our civil engineering, land surveying and construction engineering departments while gaining a basic understanding of civil engineering principles and practices. Our team focuses on managing infrastructure improvement projects and maintenance programs for cities and townships in Southeast Michigan.
Position Description & Requirements
The ideal candidate will be currently enrolled in college studying civil engineering, environmental engineering, surveying, construction technology, or construction management with a basic understanding of civil engineering principles, theories, and methods.
This position requires someone who excels at communication, collaboration, problem solving, critical thinking, and conflict resolution. He/she must conduct themselves in a professional manner and represent Hennessey Engineers well with clients.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Overtime is required. Travel is required to respective job sites and is primarily local during the business day.
Civil Engineering Interns will:
- Perform daily field inspections of municipal infrastructure projects.
- Maintain daily reports, measurements, calculations, and computation of quantities and ensures conformance with contract documents.
- Track and measure daily pay items to cover contractor’s work for each day.
- Interpret construction drawings and specifications on construction projects.
- Track and record as-built information for incorporation into project record drawings.
- Assist in developing design documents and construction plans utilizing CAD.
- Assist survey crew.
- Communicate with the project team throughout the process.
- High School Diploma required
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited engineering degree program, preferably civil engineering, environmental, surveying, construction technology, or construction management.
- Basic AutoCAD or MicroStation experience is preferred, Civil 3D experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Valid driver’s license.
- Able to work at least 40 hours per week
"*" indicates required fields