Survey CAD Technician
Survey CAD Technician
Hennessey Engineers has an exciting opportunity for a creative and team-oriented Survey CAD Technician in our Southgate, MI office. A qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate career experience in surveying or other engineering discipline. This position requires self-motivation, commitment to high-quality work performance, excellent planning and communication skills, the ability to work with other staff in a project team environment, and desire to occasionally assist surveyors in the field.
- Process survey data and create boundary, topographic, right-of-way, and as-built surveys with AutoCAD Civil 3D or MicroStation.
- Occasionally assist registered land surveyors with survey projects in the field.
- Work closely with technical staff to provide survey consulting services for a variety of clients, including the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT), local municipalities, and private utility companies.
- Interact daily with multi-disciplinary and multi-office teams within Hennessey Engineers and with other consultants to complete projects on schedule and within budget.
- Assist department to update standards, details, and associated graphics related to AutoCAD or MicroStation
- Occasional travel around Michigan to work on outdoor survey project sites.
Minimum Physical Requirements
Common office tasks involve sitting, standing, walking, using a personal computer, and communicating verbally. Majority of work is conducted indoors with occasional project site visits. Lifting up to 50 pounds, maneuvering outdoors, and using field survey equipment may be required. Visual acuity is necessary to perform responsibilities.
Associates Degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D, MicroStation, or comparable CAD program, including drafting and extraction.
- Working knowledge of surveying techniques, preferably using Robotic Total Station, Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS), and Terrestrial Laser Scanning.
- Ability to communicate effectively, follow direction, and work independently.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
"*" indicates required fields