Hennessey Engineers is seeking an experienced Office Technician to work in our Southgate, MI office. Position will include reviews of payroll and Inspector’s Daily Reports, use of FieldManager Software to create pay estimates and contract modifications, and use of ProjectWise and cloud storage systems for electronic filing. Experience in inspection or office technician role for MDOT projects is a must. Ability to demonstrate computer skills including fluency in Adobe Acrobat or Bluebeam is a plus. Prior experience with data entry or tracking, documentation review, filing, administrative assistance, and/or accounting may be beneficial.
- Review and process certified payrolls and associated documents.
- Review Inspector Daily Reports, (IDR’s).
- Create pay estimates.
- Create contract modifications.
- Review and track materials certifications.
- Generate detailed materials deficiency reports
- Track project documentation and ensure records requirements are met.
- Communicate with engineers, inspection staff, and contractors regarding project documentation including deficiencies.
- Paper and electronic filing.
Minimum Physical Requirements
Mobility to work in an office setting and use standard office equipment; visual acuity to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone. Accommodation may be made for some of these physical demands for otherwise qualified individuals who require and request such accommodation.
- High School Graduate and some college courses would be a plus.
- MDOT Certified Computerized Office Technician
- MDOT Prevailing Wage Compliance Training
Desired Job Experience
- Previous MDOT field inspection experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with MDOT Field Manager software is required.
- Previous experience with data entry; documentation review, tracking and filing; administrative assistance; or accounting background may be beneficial.
- Excellent computer and communication skills.
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, and Excel is required.
"*" indicates required fields