Civil Engineer / Project Manager: Site Development
Civil Site Engineer/Project Manager – Site Development
Hennessey Engineers has an exciting opportunity for a creative and talented Senior Civil Engineer/Project Manager in our Southgate, MI office. The qualified applicant will demonstrate an established career in civil engineering for land development and site design including project management experience. This position requires self-motivation, commitment to high-quality work, excellent communication skills, and ability to work with clients and the public.
Leadership of staff on a project team is also desired.
- Manage projects and project teams for a variety of site development projects and clients. Manage projects from the beginning of the due diligence process, through the approvals and permitting, final design and construction phases.
- Manage project scope, schedule, and budgets to ensure client expectations are met and projects are on budget.
- Manage workload and coordination with team members to ensure work is progressing and projects are on schedule.
- Lead civil/site designs for a variety of site development projects and clients including direct engineering for client projects and supporting other departments with Civil engineering on their projects.
- Interface routinely with team and department leaders and senior management on project management, workload coordination and staff collaboration.
- Participate in strategic planning for identifying and pursuing clients and projects, evaluating marketing information, managing client key issues, and developing winning strategies.
- Work closely with marketing and technical staff to assist in winning consulting services from municipal and local development clients. Existing relationships and contacts with these client types is a plus.
- Engage in the proposal process to coordinate and prepare winning proposals to meet sales goals.
- Interact daily with multi-disciplinary teams within Hennessey Engineers, providing insight and guidance to engineers for land development and site designs.
- The Project Manager will set an example for the design team in areas including punctuality, professionalism, dedication, attention to detail and design excellence.
Minimum Physical Requirements
Exposed to occasional lifting and carrying. Will have normal office working conditions and be required to sit and use a computer. Capable of traveling to and maneuvering around project sites for attending client and project meetings and site observations. Able to use various technical equipment for communication and documentation. Visual acuity necessary to perform responsibilities.
Bachelor or Master of Science degree
- PE license in Michigan
- 10+ years relevant experience on civil engineering projects, preferably in Michigan.
- Project management experience including the development of project scopes, budget management, successful execution of land development and site design projects especially with industrial and warehouse distribution clients.
- Proposal skills including scope development, organizing team, estimating level of effort, editing, and reviewing.
"*" indicates required fields