Civil Engineer / Project Manager: Municipal
Civil Engineer/Project Manager – Municipal
Hennessey Engineers has an exciting opportunity for a creative and talented Senior Civil Engineer/Project Manager to focus on municipal engineering projects in our Southgate, MI office. The qualified applicant will demonstrate an established career in civil engineering, including project management experience. This position requires self-motivation, commitment to high-quality work, excellent communication skills, and ability to work with clients and the public. Leadership of staff on a project team is also desired.
- Responsible for successful completion of engineering projects including preparation, planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating of all technical activities on assigned project.
- Responsible for the preparation of engineering project proposals.
- Plans, schedules, conducts and coordinates assigned engineering work, monitors work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and standards, and ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and all other project consultants.
- Responsible for resolving conflicts with clients and Project Team by handling complaints, settling disputes, and addressing grievances.
- Main point of contract in the day-to-day interaction with the Client’s designated representative, jurisdictional agency personnel as well as coordination of all internal activities performed by engineering staff.
- Responsible for overseeing the preparation of site plans, grading plans, drainage plans, drainage area maps, utility plans, traffic control plans and similar plan sheets by the civil engineering design team. They are also responsible for obtaining the necessary permits.
- Responsible for developing long-range objectives and specifying strategies to achieve these objectives.
- Train and teach others by identifying educational needs and communicating training needs to management.
- The Project Manager will set an example for the design team in areas including punctuality, professionalism, dedication, attention to detail and design excellence.
Minimum Physical Requirements
Exposed to occasional lifting and carrying. Will have normal office working conditions and be required to sit and use a computer. Capable of traveling to and maneuvering around project sites for attending client and project meetings and site observations. Able to use various technical equipment for communication and documentation. Visual acuity necessary to perform responsibilities.
Bachelor or Master of Science degree
- PE license in Michigan
- 10+ years relevant experience on municipal engineering projects. Prior experience as a project engineer or assistant project engineer performing oversight and administration for municipal engineering projects, preferably in Michigan.
- Knowledge of municipal engineering from the design stage through final construction.
- Strong project management skills.
- The ability to develop innovative solutions and sustain partnerships.
- The ability to resolve conflicts in a professional manner.
- Ability to stand and sit as needed on project sites. Ability to drive a motor vehicle to reach work sites; ability to maneuver project sites with uneven terrain. Ability to read printed materials and view a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate.
"*" indicates required fields