Civil Engineer (Mid Level)
Civil Engineer (Mid-Level)
Hennessey Engineers is actively seeking a creative and talented Civil Engineer for employment in our Southgate, MI office to service municipal clients located in the Southeast Michigan area. The primary duty of this position is to assist senior engineering staff in the administration and oversite of construction projects for the Michigan Department of Transportation, Local Agency, and municipal clients. This position requires self-motivation, commitment to high-quality work performance, excellent planning and communication skills, and the ability to work independently and with other staff in a project team environment. Hennessey Engineers provides our civil engineers with the opportunity to explore municipal engineering projects, MDOT projects, and private development projects with a defined career path as you move forward.
- Assist with project administration, construction oversight, and coordination for construction projects of varying size and scope.
- Verify the contractor’s completed work complies with the contract documents for assigned projects.
- Assist the project engineer in oversight of technicians for inspection, administration, and documentation of infrastructure projects from pre-bid meetings to contract close-out.
- Review work produced by the project oversight team in both the office and the field and verify the acceptability of the generated documents.
- Provide guidance and training to inspection staff.
- Communicate effectively with client representatives, staff, local agencies, and the public.
- Effectively communicate project status and issues to the project engineer.
- Assist in drafting of responses to contractor correspondence, claims, and RFIs as needed and appropriate.
- Assist in reviewing contractor submittals.
- Assist with construction progress meeting minutes.
- Learn and assist in duties associated with developing responses to client Requests for Proposals.
Minimum Physical Requirements
Exposed to occasional lifting and carrying. Will have normal office working conditions and be required to sit and use a computer. Capable of traveling to and maneuvering around project sites for attending client and project meetings and site observations. Able to use various technical equipment for communication and documentation. Visual acuity is necessary to perform responsibilities.
Bachelor of Science Degree
- PE License, Michigan is preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience with the design of water main, sanitary sewer, and road projects,
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D software.
- Excellent computer and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Michigan Engineers’ Resource Library (MERL) software.
"*" indicates required fields